Monday, February 2, 2015

The Union Market (AKA the Farmers Market, Florida Avenue Market) shoot was quite nostalgic for me.  As a small boy we lived in the neighborhood and I recall coming here on Saturdays with my mother to shop.  It was a vibrant, bustling place in my memory.  I've been back many times since then mainly to shop at Litteri's Italian market.  Had to go back there for a few provisions this time as well.
Linda and I strolled the old market for about an hour before going into the Union Market building.  My shots are a combination of both.  I didn't have a theme in mind as I shot.  My intention was to let that emerge after the fact and see what came out.  I was struck by the many sharp contrasts between the two markets and the people therein. Here's what I saw.
Upscale
Everyday


Inside
Outside







Sticker Shock

Affordable

Tidy/Precise


Jumble
Refined
Raw






Leisure



Working
Posh

Plebian




A few choices
Lots of choice
Inside
Outside


Entry Inhibited

1 comment:

  1. I like how you show us the two sides of the same coin. I missed to go to A. Litteri this time, but your pictures reminded me how cool that place is.

    ReplyDelete