Friday, January 23, 2015

Intro

As mentioned in class, last week I placed my wife, who suffers from Alzheimer's disease in a memory care facility, so I  am now getting back to the real world.

Because I could not go to exotic locations to take great pictures, I embarked on a little project, namely every time I run some errands, I would take my camera and try to get one well-composed (not necessarily interesting) picture. The last in the series is shown below. The rest can be found on my pbase site, http://www.pbase.com/jcassatt/out_and_around.

Since I got into the habit of carrying around my camera, I am also posting some pictures I took before and after class on Tuesday.








Finally a couple of pictures I took while "Mall Walking" at Tysons Wednesday evening


Barbara also asked as part of our homework assignment to post a link. I always enjoy this one, David Brommer's video entitled "Beyond the Rule of Thirds", https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OtcD84l9eUw

Another video is one made on Diane Arbus a year after her death, https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q_0sQI90kYI

Jim

1 comment:

  1. You seem a natural blogger or diarist. I find your intermingling of b+w and color interesting - we are so much more used to viewing them segregated, either / or. Since you are entering a new phase of your life, you might find this book, which I only learned about yesterday, an interesting companion:

    http://www.amazon.com/Photographers-Playbook-307-Assignments-Ideas/dp/159711247X/ref=sr_1_2?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1422030736&sr=1-2&keywords=photo+ideas

    Now that I know about it, I will be recommending it and playing with it myself. Please let me know if you find it helpful. Thanks for sharing the links - thoughts about either of these anyone?

    ReplyDelete