Sunday, January 25, 2015

Hi - I'm Lisa McBride


I bought my first DSLR camera a year ago and have been taking enjoying classes and doing photo meetups to help me learn and practice the more technical parts of photography.

Here are two of my favorite photographers.  I like them because of how full and/or empty they make a frame.  They frequently pick an object to focus on but there are also strong patterns surrounding it making the eye wonder around to find everything there is to see.
Fan Ho
Sabastiao Salgado

A project I've been doing for awhile has been to take weekly photos of a building going up in my neighborhood.  I'm wondering how to put the best of them in a time lapse series -?  I'd also like to know how to add images to this blog so they go 3 across instead of staggered like this.... :)













2 comments:

  1. Lisa, I also love Sebastiao Salgado---his images can be so haunting and yet so beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What starts out looking so full of possibility ends up looking less creative, rather staid. Fascinating to do this, I hope you will do more and prowl for good vantage points and access.

    You can try moving the images side by side, bashing away, ask me to show in class, though the design capabilities of the blog are somewhat limited.

    Glad you showed Fan Ho - new to me, reminded me of Robert and Shana ParkeHarrison http://www.parkeharrison.com/

    One is hard pressed to know where staged reality ends and post production starts.

    A time lapse series could be a book, self published or hand made.

    ReplyDelete