Monday, January 26, 2015

Introduction: Isha

I started dabbling in photography a few years ago, and my DSLR is about 8 years old now. (Time to think about getting a new one?)

Here's a few pictures that I've taken in the past. Some from my travels:

 in a market in Sri Lanka

outside a mosque in New Delhi

Some from when I lived in New York City, and on subsequent trips:

 Near Union Square (that's a taxi passing by)

 Time Warner Center

 subway tracks

watch repairman in downtown Manhattan

I took some engagement photos for friends of mine last year. Here's one of them:


I'm looking forward to the next few weeks and trying to see how I can better utilize the functionality of my camera and be able to practice taking more pictures!

In terms of a resource, here's a short YouTube clip about lighting: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qM7CcUrUD2g.

3 comments:

  1. I like your pictures. Specially the reflections on the Columbus Circle sidewalks, and the texture on the rails one.

    ReplyDelete
  2. My favorites are the Sri Lanka market, Time Warner building and the watch repairman. They have a particular life within them.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I had a watch battery replaced recently on Washington St in Alexandria. The place and the man had a certain similar vibe, both men older and their habitats stuffed with items harkening back in time. Watchmen seem to belong to a certain solitary fraternity delighting in intricacy. And I too liked Sri Lankan market because of the allure of vegetables in a setting that speaks of a certain culture and place unadorned with supermarket trappings. I like the couple because the lady is so handsome and the man seems to appreciate her and they both have a certain shyness. Also, a casual man is often more casual than a casual woman. I like the variety of vantage points.

    ReplyDelete