Here are some examples of my photography. The newborn photos were all taken in the hospital room.

These two photos of the World War II monument were taken a few years apart. The color one is one of my favorites. I wanted a clean canvas - no people, just the view of the Lincoln Memorial from the WW II Memorial. However, there was a group of students going to prom who were not leaving. I waited a long time for them to move on but when the girl in red dress joined the group she stood out in the sea of black that I couldn't resist taking the shot. I also had my white balance set to Tungsten to purposefully get a violet-blue cast. That was done on camera. I didn't think a warmer palette suited the group.

These two photos of the World War II monument were taken a few years apart. The color one is one of my favorites. I wanted a clean canvas - no people, just the view of the Lincoln Memorial from the WW II Memorial. However, there was a group of students going to prom who were not leaving. I waited a long time for them to move on but when the girl in red dress joined the group she stood out in the sea of black that I couldn't resist taking the shot. I also had my white balance set to Tungsten to purposefully get a violet-blue cast. That was done on camera. I didn't think a warmer palette suited the group.
This second photo of World War II Memorial was taken last week. I went for a high contrast black & white look inspired by film noir.
Recently I was on a street photography photo-walk. This is my favorite from the day.
This sunflower is from 2008 or so. Flowers aren't really my thing but this photo always makes me happy. I love the warm, full, bright yet deep yellow. It's one of my favorite photos because it was the first where I felt fully in control of my camera. It was in manual and everything came out the way I wanted.






These are all great pictures, for totally different reasons! I am particularly fond of the flower picture: you capture the spiral seed pattern perfectly and I really like how the flower is off center.
ReplyDelete