Thursday, October 15, 2015

Jill's sampler


Sharing a sampling of images taken for creative exploration (4) and images documenting travel (4).
In the first three images I was working to distort/abstract the location, in the fourth image I was working to create a narrative image of the market.
The last four images represent how I often shoot when I travel attempting to capture the overwhelming expanse of locations through a wide angle with a foreground that provides scale and accessibility for the viewer.

National Building Museum 11.10
Portrait Gallery 11.11
Union Street 11.11

Eastern Market 10.10

Los Perros 09.07

Peru Rail 09.07

La Raya 09.07





Cannon Beach 09.12

1 comment:

  1. Enjoyed the contrast between near and far locations, the difference between wide spaces / distant horizons and more compressed urban spaces, latter with a twist of strangeness. I'll be curious to see if that pattern holds for Sunday's ramble, whether you chose to work with tripod and longer exposure at all. I can really get lost with the figures in Cannon Beach, wend my way out there (testing the sand). Fun seeing the girl and the column - yes, the scale makes it, it is different than the mind's eye conjured from your description. Eastern Mkt. the most intimate, though blur / motion lend abstraction. Keep going.


    As for credibility and the burb's, even working in Manhattan, I was bridge and tunnel crew. Maybe try not to be too urban provincial.

    ReplyDelete