Thursday, October 15, 2015

Form as substrate

I am endlessly fascinated with form expressed through matter.  In these photos, shapes and patterns are expressed in a building, a bridge and a arched cloister.
Guggenheim Museum, Bilbao, Spain

Leaving the Guggenheim Museum, ascending to the street
Puppy
UNESCO world heritage site: Puente Bizkaia
Cloister at Las Huelgas convent Burgos Spain

1 comment:

  1. Tight group, especially like the Guggenheim sequence, love the stairs composition, the foreshortening convergence (yours and built) and figures, continuity with puppy, all made to be photographed, like the way you used the 'material' - just as you like it. Museum forms invite endless interpretation. I'm sure you would see it differently were you to return. I find cloisters colonnade form attractive - yours and generally. There seems to be an illusion (?) the elements in the back seem less substantial than ones on the right - have to take another look to see if really same or different.

    ReplyDelete