![]() |
| Is this an archaeological site? While these look like columns from some classical Greek or Roman structure, they are probably just footers from an earlier building. |
![]() |
| Shot through a scrim featuring a fire boat |
![]() |
| This was a surprise find: a memorial to the men lost when the Titanic sank. The sculptor is Gurtrude Vanderbuilt Whitney. This is the obvious frontal shot |
![]() |
| But these last 2 seem too 'cutie' to me. |
![]() |
| I cannot really understand what I am looking at without the first picture. |












Sad I missed the field trip :-( My faves are #1 and #10. The first one reminds me of photos oil fields. #10 the statue looks like he's basking in the light.
ReplyDeleteI like the unlikely view of the Washington monument (after all DC is mostly flat and the Monument must be almost as visible as the St. Louis arch as photographed by Joel Meyerwitz: http://www.phaidon.com/agenda/photography/articles/2013/june/06/joel-meyerowitz-returns-to-st-louis/).
ReplyDeleteThe vertical footer shot and the horizontal above it reveal the depth of the excavation below water level. My own pictures didn't much move me but I have at least returned to the site to find out about more access. I heard the excavation goes 45 ft. below water level.
We didn't use tripods after all but did make a little diary of an afternoon's walk and light. Walking unfamiliar sections of town with a camera might heighten a certain sense of movement and discovery while flexing the camera muscle.