Society Fair / 277 S Washington
![]() |
| Butcher - 15.10.15 |
![]() |
| Justin - 15.10.15 |
![]() |
| Gouda - 15.10.15 |
![]() |
| Bakery - 15.10.15 |
![]() |
| Coconut Cake - 15.10.15 |
Crown Wigs / 706 King
![]() |
| Crown Wigs - 15.10.15 |
![]() |
| Crown Wigs - 15.10.15 |
![]() |
| King Street - 15.10.15 |
The Majestic / 911 King
![]() |
| Majestic - 15.10.15 |
Wilkes Street Tunnel
![]() |
| Wilkes Street - 15.10.18 |
Jones Point Park / Wilson Bridge
![]() |
| Wilson Bridge - 15.10.18 |
![]() |
| Wilson Bridge - 15.10.18 |














I like this a lot. This time I felt sure I would see your name, Jill, at the bottom of the scroll - and nothing to do with straight on perspective, or even Alexandria content - though that was a clue. Rich palette of gold, purple, red (pinkish) and blue flows through the sequence, starting with the first establishing shot.
ReplyDeleteI love the way you responded to the design aesthetic and the food (meat, cheese, cake) not to mention Justin, at Society Fair, with two mini-sequences - each moving closer - and that you made me want to taste that cake (I'm a cake person, but only a cake hater wouldn't.)
I'm curious about the figure on the street in front of wig shop, I'm trying to decipher his / her neck. The next one, with blacks / whites, seems to be at least a little about racial separation, in addition to notions of streets, wigs and windows.
Who can resist the Majestic - love the time of day, the pink light and the color follow-through in next tunnel image, and the way the graphic design of the next two flow from that one, then like wise the verticals of the next two. Even if you simply presented images in chronological order, they have an organic progression that feels right. Your strong design sensibility gives your images good bones, your sense of light gives them life.
Then there is #12 - 3rd from bottom. B+W or color - that is a picture! It lives in my mind, though I may not remember the details. Its sweep, rhythm, power, perspective make me want to look at it. That it's complement, equally well-seen and captured, is so opposite in form and function, not to mention color and color association, adds the drama of great contrast.
Lovely sequence, hangs together nicely, warm. I think your vantage point adds an underlying solid, simple strength.